Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ms. Mollison's Introduction


My name is Maddy Mollison I am 26 years old. My major is Early Childhood, Elementary Education. I am an intern this semester on Tuesday and Thursday from 8am- 4pm, last semester I also worked with the same group of children as a strategies student in the afternoons.
            I am the oldest of six children, with three brothers and two sisters. My mom was a special education teacher; this is why I wanted to become a teacher. I have always worked with young children, babysitting and as a nanny. My dream job is to work with first graders.

            Currently I am exploring objects in motion with the children. We are looking at what makes an object move and why different types of objects move differently. We are using empty pop bottles filled with materials such as pennies, toothpicks, cotton and plastic forks to see how they move when they are rolled. We are starting to explore different surfaces like; foil, wax paper, carpet, tile and saran wrap. We are using bottles filled with water to see how they move on these surfaces.