Monday, September 21, 2015


Introduction of Mrs. Stone and Mrs. Petee's Interns Fall 2015:





Hello Parents:

My name is Evelyn Barnes-Lyons (Ms. Evie) and I am one of the interns who will be working with your toddler this semester. I am a graduate of Cuyahoga Community College of Cleveland, Ohio. I have an associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education and I have been working with young children for close to forty years. I am currently working on my bachelor’s in the Children and Families program at the University of Michigan – Dearborn. My specialty area of teaching is with the three and four year olds, but I look forward to working with your toddlers this semester. During my free time I enjoy reading, going to Zumba classes, and dancing.

ECEC Families,

Hello my name is Maha Reda and I will be one of the Interns in your childs class. I will be at the ECEC on Tuesday and Thursdays from 8 to 4.  I am currently in my last semester at U of M getting my Bachelor’s Degree in Children and Families. I am a mother to 4 children, triplets plus one who also attended the ECEC. It is nice to experience both views as a parent and as a student. I get to finally see what my children experienced when they were here. I did my strategies class last semester with Ms. Stone and fell in love with this age group. I am so excited to be working with your children this semester and very excited to get to know each one of you. I love watching your child explore and learn new things. They are so curious and wanting to be on the go. It is so amazing to watch as the children try to interact socially.  I hope we all have a good semester and I cannot wait to continue working with your children and watch them grow every day!